I love to make my skin care routine into more of a “ritual” where I use the time to relax and reset. I light some candles, play some relaxing music, even meditate while I mask. I typically try to do this ritual 3 times a week.
As a mom and busy lady, like so many of us, I think our first instinct is to make our self care as quick as possible, which in some cases is needed and the only way it will happen. But the bigger goal with self care is to make it a point to carve out a chunk of TIME for yourself. To make it more about your whole being, relieving stress, slowing down, calming the senses and the mind. Skincare rituals are a great way to do this- on a regular basis.
MY SKINCARE RITUAL (3 x's per week)
1. Pre-Cleanse 2. Chilled Guasha and Jade Roller Massage 3. Cleanse: Aveda Gel Cleanser 4. Aromatic Steamed Towel 5. Dry Brush 6. Exfoliate: Botanical Kinetics Radiant Skin Refiner 7. Aromatic Steamed Towel 8. Mask- Glo Phyto Active 9. Aromatic Steamed Towel 10. Serum : Glo Phyto Active Firming Serum 11. Eye Cream: Glo Eye Restore 12. Moisturize: Aveda Hydrating lotion 13. SPF: Glo Tinted Moisture with with spf 30
This is the modified version for my daily am and pm skincare routine:
1. Aromatic Steamed Towel
6. Eye cream Let me share with you the details of my restoring skincare ritual. Please note that I recommend having a skin consultation with a professional esthetician to determine the products that are best for your specific skin type and concerns. You can even do this virtually now on our website’s homepage. 1. PRECLEANSE For this step, I like to use the Aveda Beautifying Composition. It smells ah-mazing- it contains citrusy bergamot, lavender and rosemary. It is noncomedogenic (meaning it doesn’t clog the pores) and it loosens up dirt and debris before the cleanser comes in and takes it all away.
2. GUASHA + JADE ROLLER MASSAGE While I have the oil on my skin I do a chilled guasha and jade roller massage. This helps stimulate the lymphatic system, helping rid your skin and body of toxins and calming inflammation that can lead to acne.
3. CLEANSE I have used the Aveda Gel Cleanser for as long as I can remember. This cleanser is typically recommended for people that have normal to oily skin. Although I don’t consider my skin to be oily per se, I like this cleanser because it gets down deep into the pores and foams away impurities. I just feel a little more “clean” with this cleanser versus a cream cleanser. If you have overly dry skin, you might need a cream cleanser.
4. AROMATIC STEAMED TOWEL Ahhh, my favorite part. I LOVE heat and this is the perfect way to incorporate some serious relaxation into your ritual. Heat up your towel with hot water (as hot as you can handle on your hands) and add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil. You can base the oil on how your feeling. If you are overly stressed lavender is a great choice or if you need some uplifting you could use a citrus aroma. Then, gently (key word being gently) remove the cleanser thoroughly.
5. DRY BRUSH Dry brushing also helps stimulate the lymphatic system, removes dead skin cells and opens the pores to prep for your main exfoliant.
6. EXFOLIATE I use the Botanical Kinetics Radiant Skin Refiner. Which is one of my favorite products of all time. This product is made with tourmaline, nature's most energizing mineral and gives your skin an instant glow.
7. FRESH STEAMED TOWEL
8. MASK You can do a variety of masks but I recommend sticking to one, three times per week. Our skin can become irritated if you use too many different products. Right now I am using the Phytoactive Firming Mask. I have an anti-aging theme going.
9. FRESH STEAMED TOWEL
Love, love, love serum. It contains 90% active ingredients (the ingredients that make the skincare effective in accomplishing what it's intended to). Right now I am using the Phytoactive Firming serum by Glo. It contains plant stem cells, the most effective part of the plant) to deliver anti-aging results. I am 36 and yep, it’s starting.
9. EYE CREAM I have used the Aveda Energizing Eye Cream, which is great, and now I am using the Glo Eye Restore for fine lines and dark circles. It also has Blue Light Protection from our devices.
10. MOISTURIZE Hydrating Lotion by Aveda- I’ve used it forever! It’s a great light weight moisturizer for people who don’t have overly dry or overly oily skin. It has such a fresh smell too, a light citrusy aroma. I love that the ingredients are derived from coconut and jojoba oils.
11. SPF I love Glo Tinted Moisture with SPF 30. It gives you a dewy, even skin tone and protects from harmful UV rays that lead to aging.